You must first create an account to make money with GoFundMe in Cameroon. This means you have to sign up – to meet up with all the requirements.
The requirements needed to have a GoFundMe account and basically the step-by-step guide to open your own GoFundMe account as a Cameroonian will be discussed in this post.
There are many questions about whether it is possible to open a GoFundMe account in Cameroon. Many people think it can only be achievable in the United States or any other developed country, but I am here to tell you that you can have your own GoFundMe account.
What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is an American non-profit crowdfunding platform that allows people to raise money for events in life. These events can range from celebrations to graduations – challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses.
The headquarters of GoFundMe is in Redwood City, California, USA. GoFundMe was launched on May 12th, 2010.
How Does GoFundMe Work?
You must first create an account to make money with GoFundMe in Cameroon. This means you have to sign up – to meet up with all the requirements. After signing up, supporters can raise money for a cause or appreciate you.
It usually depends on the circumstances or why you open a GoFundMe account. GoFundMe does not impose charges on its users. Rather it charges 2.9% transactional fees for every $0.30 donation.
Fees for GoFundMe Account Set up
The fees for GoFundMe Cameroon are the same as those for GoFundMe International. The prices are similar whether the country is developed or not. And GoFundme does not charge for opening accounts; they charge donation 2.9% transactional fee for every $0.30 donation.
As of the time this article is written, GoFundMe is currently accessible in 19 countries worldwide. You can use a VPN to change your location (land) to register or simply get someone else living in one of the accepted countries to create a GoFundMe account.
The person will help you set up the account and add you as the beneficiary. With this, you can track the development of your campaign and access your funds.
How to Create a GoFundMe Account in Cameroon
Here are steps to open, create or set up a GoFundMe account in Cameroon, whether for you or someone else.
- The first step to raising money on GoFundMe is to ‘start a GoFundMe.’ To do this, go to the official website, www.gofundme.com, then click ‘Start a GoFundMe.’
- After you have clicked, you will be prompted to log in or create a GoFundMe account. You need to enter your name, email address, and password to do this successfully.
- You will be invited to start a fundraiser by logging in when this is done.
- In the second step, you need to enter the basic details of your campaign. This includes the name of your campaign, the goal of your funds (what you want to use the funds to do), whether a personal campaign or a registered charity or non-profit fundraiser.
- Next, select a goal amount corresponding to your wish to raise. Using an image will make your fundraising campaign appear more credible.
- You must tell a compelling story about yourself and your cause at this stage. This includes details about who you are, why you are raising money, and what you intend to use the funds raised for.
- This is the end of the sign-up. Now, you can start sharing the GoFundMe page’s URL with family, friends, followers, or supporters.
Creating a GoFundMe account is very profitable if you are famous or a celebrity. However, if you are none of these, you can still create an account and make or earn money if you can genuinely justify your cause – the reason why you are raising the money.
Currently, GoFundMe has created a community of 130 million donors. It has also assisted its organizers in raising more than $10 billion. You, too, can start benefiting from this platform as a Cameroonian.